Cave Creek Church

I visit the Hill Country as often as I can, and unfortunately when busy work schedules have to be accommodated I've often been in a rush to fit in as much relaxation and enjoyment in as little time as possible.. The pressure to fit everything in is even worse when traveling with other people. On one of those trips, a visit to Longhorn Cavern State Park (and a drive by Falkenstein Castle, worthy of its own thread) made it fairly convenient to reach Fredericksburg a little differently than the standard 281>290 route. Wiggling through Kingsland and around the backside of Horseshoe Bay eventually led to FM 3347. You'll pass over a lot of cattleguards and drive on unpaved roads and as you get closer to Fredericksburg you'll see Cave Creek Church. The church itself isn't terribly remarkable but I remembered when passing it that I wanted to take a closer look at it some time. 

Most of the time now I'm traveling alone and it's allowed me to make more stops and side trips, so about a year ago I went a little out of my way to visit the Cave Creek Church again. This time I was able to stop and take a look around, so I figured I'd let you do the same.

Cave Creek Church near Fredericksburg, late November 2021

Cave Creek  small.jpg