Squirrels Racoons and other critters

Cowpoke

My wife, who passed in the Spring of '21' could have been the Cover Girl for Animal Lover Magazine, if there is such. She found a baby squirrel that had fallen out of it's nest and of course brought it in to see if she could save it. It looked like a little rat with no hair. Now, nourishing a orphaned pet is a little more involved than just petting it, especially at first. She said she had done this before and came back with some kind of concoction  in a syringe. Feeding it often, she did indeed save it. When it was grown it came around some but after a time he wasn't seen any more. She said, 'he found a girlfriend'. There were 2 racoons, found by someone else but were brought to her to tend. They were released when the time came. She told me when she was young she had all kinds of pets. Monkey and alligator seemed the most unusual ones to me.

squirell.jpg

raccoon.jpg

• 2 months later...