24 Hours of Bar Hopping in Wichita County by Robert Bina

This is a great read that harkens back to a simpler time of the eighties in Wichita Falls. I didn’t grow up here (I grew up in Aldine) but I’m friends with Robert and know many of the people he writes about. One of our mutual friends (who has since passed) convinced him that he needed to write this story down. Robert and his brother Johnnie managed several of the public pools in the area then. The day begins with bad weather, closing the pools, and taking their lifeguards out for lunch at Mr. Gatti’s. They proceed to hit up most of the iconic bars of Wichita Falls of that time and many hijinks ensue. It isn’t strictly about Wichita County though as the night ends at the infamous Hilltop across the Red River. Robert paints a perfect picture of those places that are mostly gone now and the characters that inhabited them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/167597277X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr=