River Ferry at Albion (Red River Co.)

I've been waiting for a while to put this together.. I think a lot us have seen the first picture, the ferry at Albion
To draw it home, the second picture is Sidney Trapp, who with his brother Dewey, ran the ferry. 
The woman with him in the picture is his wife, my Aunt Wilma (nee Leatherwood)

large.73458745_10218533498042769_3410850039054991360_n.jpg.7feaf01f5a95264ccd9f1b3b922d9f45.jpg

26564_1259557132955_3160335_n.jpg.5220c4a22efffbf2d959acf0d06683ba.jpg

• Like 1

Howdy El Diablo ... I edited your post by putting in a couple of spaces between the photos.

Thanks for posting. Super shots. I would have loved to cross the Red River on that ferry before the bridges got built.  And can you imagine that being your job, to just wait around all day for folks wanting to cross the river?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 7:14 AM, Traces said:

Thanks for posting. Super shots. I would have loved to cross the Red River on that ferry before the bridges got built.  And can you imagine that being your job, to just wait around all day for folks wanting to cross the river?

Sidney & Dewey charged whatever they thought they could get out of you for fare. 
Story goes that one time, they had a destitute Okie try to give them a baby for fare. 
They refused. They didn't need another mouth to feed either. 

• 2 weeks later...