Working on 1883

Zack Miller

Anyone who has watched 1883 knows the first episode takes place in Ft. Worth.  Apparently Taylor Sheridan wanted to shoot it in Ft. Worth, although he could probably just has easily used an already built Western set.  Instead, he used the side of Exchange Street west of North Maine. It was supposed to be Hell’s Half Acre even though the original Hell’s Half Acre was on lower Main. They put up a green screen on the east end to block off Main, put several inches of dirt down and put a few false fronts on some of the older buildings.  

They ran some notices that they were looking for extras, so I put my name in and was accepted. I was told not to shave or get a haircut for a month.  The shooting took place at the end of August and it was hotter than hell. One old building was converted into The White Elephant Saloon where a couple of scenes were shot. 

As soon as we were done, I shaved the beard off. 

D904F013-0AF1-40C9-8E8B-8CB501AEC4C7.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...