Howdydoo!

WadeDillon

Howdyoo folks,

I wanted to introduce myself!

My name is Wade Dillon and I am an artist, illustrator, and living historian based out of Brazoria County. I have had a lifelong passion for Texas history ever since my late father Allen showed me John Wayne's The Alamo and Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier when I was a child. His love and guidance inspired me to move to Texas from Florida in 2010 where I worked at The Alamo for eight years as a tour guide and Supervisor. Since then, I have illustrated three children's books on Texas History topics and have produced artwork for museum institutions across the state. Today, I am the Museum Manager for the Freeport Historical Museum and am currently working on a fully illustrated graphic novel about David Crockett. Attached is a concept I created for it. 

You may follow my artistic adventures at:

https://www.facebook.com/wdillonillustrator

I enjoy the Traces of Texas Facebook page, photographs, and historical posts and hope to throw my own into the mix. 

All the best,

Wade

Concept.jpg