Harrison ables is my 5th great grandfather

Harrison Ables is my 5th Great grandfather had a Daughter named Amanda she has History too. she was my 4th Great Grandmother she had my 3rd Great Grandmother and then my 3rd Great great grandmother had my 2nd and my great grandmother had my Grandmother that had my dad 

Harrison Ables was born 1820 in Tennessee, the son of Dr. Ezekiel Ables, Sr. and Mary/Mariah Harrison. He married Mary Ann Wornel on December 24, 1837 in San Augustine, Texas. Mary was the daughter of William Richard Wornell and Judith Middleton; she was born in 1820 in Maury County, Tennessee and died August 24, 1905 in Gordon, Dublin County, Texas.

Harrison came to Texas about 1836 as a young man and joined forces to fight for Texas independence under Sam Houston. He was under the detachment that captured Santa Anna. From September 11 to December 11, 1836, he served in the Republic of Texas Army in Captain M. Cantley's Company, Infantry Regiment.(Dublin, Texas newspaper from the 1970's was that Harrison Ables fought with General Houston at the Battle of San Jacinto.)

He married Mary Wornell at San Augustine, Texas in 1837. He was taxed at San Augustine in 1837 and 1838. They were living at New Salem, Rusk County, Texas from 1841 to 1850.

The 1850 US Census for Rusk County Texas listed these household members: H. Ables, 30; Mary, 30; Eliza, 13; William, 8; Amanda, 8; Henderson, 6; John, 3; James, 0.

Harrison Ables and his Wife. Mary.jpg

Harrison Ables.jpg