Bob Phillips Signs off of Texas Country Reporter for the Last Time

"A lot of you have shared some great messages with us about this program and what it means to you. That means more to us than we could ever tell you. But the gratitude goes both ways ... You know, when I started this gig I was just a kid and you supported the dream and watched me grow up and grow old through the magic of television ... TCR started 52 years ago as a simple idea, a show about ordinary people doing extraordinary things, a simple idea that because of you and your support became magical, and I want you to know that in all our travels past and all our travels yet to come we will never find better friends than you. To quote the words of a George Strait song, "I was a young troubadour when I rode in on a song, I'll be an old troubadour when I'm gone."

----- Bob Phillips, signing off on Texas Country Reporter for the last time after 52 years of doing the show. Watching it, I have to admit that I got more than a little emotional. But don't worry! I happen to know that the show is in great hands with my friend Jay B. Sauceda.

Shown here: Bob Phillips with an early Texas Country Reporter van. Courtesy Texas Country Reporter

Bob Phillips TCR early.jpg