Welcome to Traces of Texas! Please Read This First

Traces

I’ve been following you since your start up too.  I have learned so much from you since I moved to Texas with hubby 12 years ago.  I can’t stop reading your posts so I will be following you in this new format but it will be hard for me to switch as I’m old and find change hard.  You are a true gentleman and a scholar and thank you for your gift to Texas and beyond.  
Terrie

• Like 1

Super-duper, as you often say!  I am so glad you have done this, as I worried that all this wonderful Texana could one day evaporate at the whim of some disinterested party.  Way to go, and congratulations on this new venture!  I look forward to spending g more time learning about all the Traces of Texas.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bea said:

This is absolutely wonderful! You are brilliant to bring all this together—a true Texas treasure! From a retired 4th grade teacher—the Texas History year🤩

Well, really, Texas history teachers are one of my biggest reasons for doing this.  I hope I do y'all proud.

• Traces pinned this topic
4 hours ago, Terrie said:

I’ve been following you since your start up too.  I have learned so much from you since I moved to Texas with hubby 12 years ago.  I can’t stop reading your posts so I will be following you in this new format but it will be hard for me to switch as I’m old and find change hard.  You are a true gentleman and a scholar and thank you for your gift to Texas and beyond.  
Terrie

Terrie, you don't have to switch. I'll still be posting on FB. But I think you will soon see that just simply READING this forum is so much easier. Plus, on FB, there's no true conversation. Nobody reads, or even sees, anybody else's comments.  Here there will be true interaction between readers.  Also, this is for posterity! 

I am mighty appreciative to you for your kindly words about TOT.

I wondered why you disappeared from my feed. I was a top fan for a couple years then you were gone. Thought I had done something wrong.   Glad to see this move.  While it will take some adjustment the archival nature this affords is a better repository than the current social media structure... congratulations ongoing forward with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Traces changed the title to Welcome to Traces of Texas! Please Read This First
14 hours ago, Bill Wilcox said:

We can do HTML like the old forums!

Glad you did this Jac!

I have been with you since almost the begining!

Ill be here too.

Thank you so much for all the support, Bill. The forum is super advanced. You can do so many things. Example: you can just drag a photo into your post. You don't have to go out and find it, get the image link, copy it, and post it.

You are something else (said in my best voice) !  So happy with your new endeavor.  As you know, I am your #1 fan and self-professed Fan Club President, so I am sharing in your success and brilliant work.  Onward and Upward, my friend

Edited by Mary M
  • Like 1

I get your desire to have a more reliable place to permanently post. I've bookmarked this site and will check back. But I hope you will not stop posting on Facebook as well. I've noticed many pages I follow also have websites that they are constantly promoting. But truth be told. I work full time and simply don't have time to be clicking all over the web to various sites. It's easier having everything in one place and I primarily use FB to keep up with things. Hope you can understand that and keep posting there as well. Thanks for all you do!   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mary M said:

You are something else (said in my best voice) !  So happy with your new endeavor.  As you know, I am your #1 fan and self-professed Fan Club President, so I am sharing in your success and brilliant work.  Onward and Upward, my friend

I feel like the forum has now been consecrated: Queen Mary has arrived! 

1 hour ago, Frisbie Ranch said:

What a terrific Texas-size development! Congratulations, sir!🎉 

Thank you, Frisbie Ranch.  I'm already wondering what I have done! 

Love your handle, by the way. Frisbie Ranch is greatness. Sounds like what you'll find in the back of my closet.