Welcome to Traces of Texas! Please Read This First

Traces

I’ve been with you since almost the beginning too and I’ve enjoyed it so much. Your posts give us some great dinner conversation. I used to read ALL the comments and one of the things I’ve enjoyed the most is the interaction between the people in the comments and the posts. “Oh, that’s my great grandfather so-and-so.” I never thought about the fact that Traces could just disappear. 

Howdy Traces!  Glad to have stumbled across this forum.  This is a good idea!  I've followed you for years on the twit mess, and occasionally comment on your posts.  The 240 character limit there is a real handicap for somebody like me who needs a couple hundred characters just to get warmed up!  I'll be a regular visitor here.  Good luck to you and your new project!

I can see that this is a labor of love, and I happy to be included.  My Texas ancestors go back to the time when Texans were called Texians.

I didn't get here first, but I'm pleased to have my comment Number 1 on Page 3!

Edited by Gary R.
Added a paragraph.

On 1/24/2023 at 9:22 PM, RBlevins said:

I’ve been with you since almost the beginning too and I’ve enjoyed it so much. Your posts give us some great dinner conversation. I used to read ALL the comments and one of the things I’ve enjoyed the most is the interaction between the people in the comments and the posts. “Oh, that’s my great grandfather so-and-so.” I never thought about the fact that Traces could just disappear. 

There's almost no better compliment in my my mind than "your posts give us some great dinner conversation."   I also REALLY like "my 7th-grade history class reads your posts on a daily basis and their little minds start working overtime,"  which came in an email to me a couple of months ago.

On 1/25/2023 at 4:19 PM, Gary R. said:

I can see that this is a labor of love, and I happy to be included.  My Texas ancestors go back to the time when Texans were called Texians.

I didn't get here first, but I'm pleased to have my comment Number 1 on Page 3!

I tell folks it's either a labor of love or a labor of insanity. What I don't tell them is that, here lately, I'm having trouble distinguishing between the two.  😀

Traces, your new venture thrills my third generation native Texan's heart !  I started following you not long after you appeared on FB.  Like you I have been amazed at the photos that have been submitted and I have thoroughly enjoyed your articles.   I saw the post that you referenced and had no idea what had happened to you.  I have a friend who was banned from FB because he kept wishing friends Merry Christmas and saying May God Bless You.

Like many I have become disgusted with the changes made with FB policies and have started to stay off for periods of times.  However I miss my friends and the groups I follow such as TOT, Birds of Texas, and TPWD to name a few.  Therefore, I keep returning for periods of time.

I am sorry you have experienced recent health issues.  You have been so dedicated to TOT with your work plus your fabulous photos and stories published.  I have shared some of the areas you have visited in our wonderful state. It would be a great loss if the information were to be taken away!

I will support you and will follow you. I am also willing to help however I can.

Here's to many more wonderful years!

17 hours ago, CASanders said:

Traces, your new venture thrills my third generation native Texan's heart !  I started following you not long after you appeared on FB.  Like you I have been amazed at the photos that have been submitted and I have thoroughly enjoyed your articles.   I saw the post that you referenced and had no idea what had happened to you.  I have a friend who was banned from FB because he kept wishing friends Merry Christmas and saying May God Bless You.

Like many I have become disgusted with the changes made with FB policies and have started to stay off for periods of times.  However I miss my friends and the groups I follow such as TOT, Birds of Texas, and TPWD to name a few.  Therefore, I keep returning for periods of time.

I am sorry you have experienced recent health issues.  You have been so dedicated to TOT with your work plus your fabulous photos and stories published.  I have shared some of the areas you have visited in our wonderful state. It would be a great loss if the information were to be taken away!

I will support you and will follow you. I am also willing to help however I can.

Here's to many more wonderful years!

Thank you so much for the nice comments, CASanders, and for reading my crazy thoughts all of this time.  I hope I continue to be worthy of your time in the future. I promise to do my best.

TOT

• 4 weeks later...